SELF TAUGHT MASSAGE TECHNIQUES FOR TENNIS ELBOW BY MEDICAL MASSAGE BOUTIQUE
Computer programmers, Factory workers, Hairdressers, Manual laborers, Postal workers, Chefs, Musicians, Racquet sports players, Weightlifting , Baseball players, Nurses, Dentist, Dental hygienists,Plumbers, Painters are all high risk for Tennis Elbow.
READ MORE ON TENNIS ELBOW BY WEB MD: go to www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tennis-elbow-lateral-epicondylitis
What is a Trigger point – muscle knots or trigger points are small patches of hyper-contracted muscle fibres that cause aching and stiffness.
Trigger Point Therapy has helped hundreds of thousands of people recover from repetitive strain and sprains of all kinds.This powerful technique can improved the body’s natural capacity to HEAL.
Trigger point chart for TENNIS ELBOW OR ELBOW REPETITIVE SPRAIN AND STRAIN INJURIES:
HOW TO LOCATE A TRIGGER POINT
- Bend the elbow up and with the other hand hold the forearm close to the elbow ( the trigger point in the extensors muscles -refer to the diagram is about 2 inches away from the crease of the elbow.
- Extend the wrist fist moves away from you and lower the outstretched thumb muscles is now tense under your fingertips.
- Explore the muscles by pressing into it with the tip of the second finger. Trigger points in the muscle are painful when pressed.
HOW TO DE-ACTIVATE THE TRIGGER POINTS
- Relax the wrist and thumb and press into the sore spot for 30-60 seconds( TENNIS BALL CAN BE USE) until the pain disappears.
- Work for the limit of your pain be patient
- Follow up by stretching the muscle-elbow straight wrist flex for 30 to 60 seconds if you have wrist pain stretch with wrist extended for 30-60 seconds.
- AT LEAST 3X A DAY 3 REPS 30 to 60 seconds HOLD OR AS TOLERATED
- Through simple stretching and pressure exercises you can do at home you can reduce pain and increase mobility so you can get back to enjoying your LIFE.
YOUR HEALTH YOUR WEALTH DO NOT ALLOW PAIN TO RULE YOUR LIFE